Frequently Asked Questions

Are there cancellation fees?

Cancellation Feeswhat time
• If cancelled up to 29+ days prior to pick up. No Fee
• If cancelled 28 to 7 days prior to pick up 25% of total rental
• If cancelled 6 to 1 days prior to pick up – 50% of total rental
• If cancelled on the day of pick up or‘No Show’ – 100% of total rental
There is no refund for late pick-up or early return of the

Are there restrictions on where I can drive?

All Cruisin’ campervans and motorhomes can only be driven on sealed/bitumen roads. The only exceptions to this are well maintained access roads of less than twelve (12) kilometres to recognised campgrounds. Cruisin reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions, and the distance to nominated destinations in relation to the length of the rental period.

Can a baby seat be fitted to a Motorhome or Campervan?

Can A Baby Seat Be Fitted to A Motorhome Or Campervan

Toddler seats are suitable for children 6 months – 4 years of age (8-18kg) and must be connected to an anchor point. Toddler Seats can be fitted to the 4 Berth Hi Top Campervan, 4 Berth Seeker, 6 Berth Discovery and 6 Berth Cruisin Deluxe. Children under four years of age cannot travel in the 2/3 Berth Hi-Top Campervan, 2 Berth Adventurer or 2 Berth Sandpiper.
Child seats are suitable for children 4 – 7 years of age (14-26kg) and can be fitted to all Cruisin vehicles. Cruisin does not recommend fitting Child Seats to the following vehicles as they will need to be fitted to the front passenger seat. 2/3 Berth Hi Top Campervan, 2 Berth Adventurer and 2 Berth Sandpiper.. Cruisin’ Motorhomes offers Toddler and Child seats for hire for $35 per seat.


Can I camp In National Parks?

Most national parks have areas set aside for camping. These areas often have access to showers, toilets, barbecues and picnic areas. National parks are beautiful and peaceful locations to stay overnight. However, national parks do not usually offer powered sites.

Can I pick up the Cruisin’ Motorhome in one city and drop it off in another?

Cruisin Motorhomes have branches in Brisbane, Cairns, Hobart, Melbourne and Sydney. One way rentals are available between all branches, a one way fee of $260 applies.

Can I recharge my laptop in the vehicle?

If you are connected to 240 volt power you can use the power points to charge your laptop or any electronic devices. If you are not plugged in you may use your own converter (available for purchase from electronic stores such as Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi or Dick Smith for around AU$100 — for a 300W).

Can we hire a GPS navigation system from you? What is the cost?

GPS Navigation Systems are included if you book our Maximum Cover Package. Otherwise the unit is for hire at for AU$9 per day (max $90) per hire.

Can we rent a generator?

Cruisin’ does not hire generators.

Can we smoke in the vehicle?

Smoking is not permitted in any Cruisin’ vehicle. Heavy penalties apply to traces of smoke found in the vehicle.

Can you get good TV reception everywhere?

Reception is limited outside of the metropolitan areas, particularly in mountainous or remote locations.

Do I require a special licence to drive a Cruisin’ Motorhome?

A current and full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection. Should a foreign licence be in a language other than English it must be accompanied by a current international driving permit issued in the same country as the driver’s licence was issued. An accredited English translation will be accepted in lieu of an international driving permit.

Do we have to book campgrounds in advance?

We strongly advise to do so during peak periods such as school holidays, Christmas and New Year’s, public holidays and long weekends.

Do you allow animals in your vehicles?

Unfortunately pets are not permitted in Cruisin’ vehicles with the exception of registered guide dogs.

Do you have roadside assistance for Cruisin’ Motorhomes?

If there is a problem with the vehicle, Cruisin’ provides 24 hour roadside assistance.

Do you have vehicles that can accommodate more than 6 people?

Our largest vehicles are the Discovery and Cruisin Deluxe which can accommodate a maximum of 6 people.

Do you have vehicles with automatic transmission?

Yes the following vehicles have automatic transitions. 4 Berth Hi Top, 2 Berth Sandpiper, 4 Berth Seeker, 6 Berth Discovery and the 6 Berth Cruisin Deluxe.

Does the vehicle come with a hair dryer?

Cruisin’ Motorhomes does not provide hair dryers.

Does the vehicle come with an iron and ironing board?

Cruisin’ Motorhomes does not provide irons or ironing boards. However you will find most camp grounds do have laundry facilities.

How can we find out what’s on while we’re in Australia?

Check Tourism Australia’s detailed and informative website  for a host of information about Australia’s best holiday destinations and events. Cruisin’ also has a regularly updated blog with tips for exploring the country.

How can we visit National Parks?

There is a network of national parks in all regions of Australia. National Park entry fees may apply – the best deal is to purchase a vehicle pass that gives unrestricted entry to all parks in the state that you are visiting.

How long do batteries last when free camping?

Cruisin’ Motorhomes are equipped with two batteries – one to run the engine and the other to operate the 12 volt living equipment such as the fridge and lights. This battery will remain charged for approximately 12 to 14 hours. If you flatten the battery you will need to connect the vehicle to 240v mains power for the battery to recharge. We recommend you stay in caravan parks to charge the battery every night or at least every second night.

How long will the gas bottle last?

One bottle should last up to 2 weeks but a lot of cooking could cut this short by a few days. Our 4 and 6 Berth Motorhomes are supplied with x2 4kg bottles. 2 Berth Motorhomes are supplied with a 4kg bottle and our Hi-Top Campervans are supplied with a 2.5kg bottle.

How old to have to be to drive a Cruisin’ Motorhome?

Drivers must be 21 to 79 years of age.

Is power required to use the house air-conditioning unit?

Yes, you need to be plugged into a 240v power source to enable the house air-conditioning unit to operate.

What about the weather?

Australia’s seasons are the opposite of the Northern Hemisphere. The northern one-third of the country is tropical, while the southern regions are temperate. Due to the size of Australia, summer and winter climates vary from area to area, but this means there is always a region where the climate is ideal, making Australia a great year-round destination.

What credit cards do you accept?

Cruisin’ accepts Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit and MasterCard Debit.

  • Visa will incur an additional 1.29% non-refundable administration fee.
  • MasterCard will incur an additional 1.34% non-refundable administration fee.
  • Visa Debit will incur an additional 0.87% non-refundable administration fee.
  • MasterCard Debit will incur an additional 0.56% non-refundable administration fee.

*Subject to Change.

What is included in the Cruisin’ Motorhome rental rate?

  • Unlimited Kilometres
  • Vehicle Insurance (excess applies)
  • Kitchen Equipment
  • General Equipment
  • 10% GST
  • 24 Hour Roadside Assistance
  • Maps & Campground Guide
  • Bedding and Linen
  • Extra Driver Fees

What is the cost of fuel in Australia?

Fuel prices change regularly in Australia, for an up to date fuel price, visit fuel watch at

What is the Cruisin’ Motorhomes Maximum Cover Package?

To make things easier, we have bundled everything up for you in the Maximum Cover Package, for one simple daily fee in addition to the rental rate.
Includes: Liability Reduction Option, Windscreen and Tyre Cover, GPS navigation system, pre-purchase gas, outdoor table and chairs (chairs per person), toddler and child seats (if required) for more information on Liability Reduction Options check out:

What is the motorhome|campervan equipped with?

All vehicles come fully equipped with:

  • Bedding & Linen – pillows & doonas, sheets & towels
  • Cooking Utensils – pots | pans | frypan, plates & bowls, cups & glasses
  • Kitchen Equipment – cutlery, chopping board, tea towel, kettle, toaster, tin opener, dish cloth, dish brush, microwave, fridge.
  • General Equipment – clothes hangers, clothes line & pegs, bucket, dustpan & broom, fire extinguisher, waste & fresh water hose, toilet chemicals (for vehicles with shower & toilet), full LPG bottle(s)

We also have a range of additional hire items including outdoor tables and chairs, GPS, baby and|or booster seats.

We highly recommend you pack your belongings into soft bags instead of suitcases for ease of storage.

What is the storage capacity in the vehicles? Can we bring our suitcases?

Hard suitcases are not recommended. We recommend you travel with foldable soft bags only. Restrict your luggage to a minimum.

What Liability Cover options do you offer?

Our Liability Reduction Options can help make your journey that little bit more enjoyable, ensuring that you have peace of mind when you hire a Cruisin’ Motorhome or Campervan.

For more information on Liability reduction options check out our Liability Reduction Page.

Liability Reduction Accident Liability Security Deposit Daily Rate
Maximum Cover Package Nil Nil $55
Includes: Liability Reduction Option, Windscreen and Tyre Cover, GPS, pre-purchase LPG, outdoor table & chairs (chairs per person), toddler and child seats (if required)
Liability Reduction Option Nil Nil $45
Standard Liability $5,000 $5,000 (debited) Included

What time can I pick up and drop off my Cruisin’ Motorhome?

You can pick up your Motorhome at the following times:

Brisbane – Monday to Friday 8am to 3:30pm, Saturday 8am to 12pm, Closed Sundays
Hobart – Monday to Sunday, 8am to 3.30pm , Closed Sundays between 1 May to 31 August
Sydney – Monday to Friday 8am to 3:30pm, Saturday 8am to 12pm, Closed Sundays
MelbourneMonday to Friday 8am to 3.30pm, Saturday 8am to 12pm, Closed Sundays
CairnsMonday to Friday 8am to 3.30pm, Saturday 8am to 12pm, Closed Sundays

What works when the campervan is not connected to a 240v power supply?

When the motorhome is not connected to a 240v power supply, everything will operate except the microwave and the house air conditioning unit. The fridge, water heater, house lights, TV/DVD will run off the 12v battery in the vehicle.

Where can I camp in the Cruisin’ Motorhome?

Campervan / Motorhome / Holiday Parks

A motorhome or campervan is the perfect way to explore Australia. Our diverse scenery and interesting, uncrowded roads lend themselves to touring. Some parks have private en suite facilities for campervan/motorhome travellers.

For more details, see the Go Caravanning and Camping Australia website or pick up a copy of the Caravan and Holiday Park Guide , the official guide to Australian caravan and camping holidays.

Cruisin’ encourages minimal impact camping to avoid harming the natural environment.

Where can I drive my Cruisin’ Motorhome?

Cruisin’ vehicles can only be driven on sealed/bitumen roads. The only exceptions to this are well maintained access roads of less than eight (8) kilometres to recognised campgrounds.

Where can we stop at night?

There are well-equipped and fully-serviced caravan parks and campgrounds in major centres and most country towns. Search for places to stay.

Why should I pay for whole day if I pick up in the afternoon and drop off early morning?

Campervans and motorhomes are hired out on a daily basis.