A Guide To Parking In Hobart & Surrounding Areas
One of the most frequently asked questions at Cruisin’ Motorhomes is, “where do we park our vehicle [campervan or motorhome] in Hobart city?.” Often it can be a little daunting to find a space to leave your motorhome during the day, especially with the height restrictions in undercover car parks. The City of Hobart website provides excellent information on designated parking spots in Hobart city.
Please note: Most covered parking areas have a height restriction of 2.1 meters only. Please check the height restrictions displayed at covered parking sites before parking a Cruisin’ Motorhomes vehicle. We advise against parking in covered areas if you are in a motorhome or campervan to avoid damages to the vehicle.
Here’s a guide to where you can leave your motorhome or campervan when exploring Hobart and the inner city attractions.
Salamanca Place (On-Street Parking)
If you’re exploring Salamanca on any day other than a Saturday (when the market is in full swing) Salamanca Place offers plenty of open parking suitable for leaving a motorhome. Get there early in the morning to secure a spot. Don’t forget to get a ticket from the voucher machine to display in your front windscreen. There is a 2 hour time-limit and fees apply Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 6 pm and Sunday 9 am to 4 pm.
Regatta Grounds Car Park
Just a short walk from the Hobart CBD and historical Salamanca precinct you will find the Regatta Grounds Car Park, a convenient open-air parking location for those travelling with a motorhome. The parking facility is open 24/7 and a 3 hour time limit and fees apply from 8:30 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday.
Condell Place and Lefroy Street Car Parks (North Hobart)
Visitors planning to explore the happening inner-city suburb of North Hobart can leave their motorhome at Condell Place Car Park with easy access to the main road. There is a 3 hour parking limit and fees apply from 8:30 am until 6 pm, Monday to Sunday.
TCA North, Domain Road and Aberdeen Car Parks
Located at the Domain just a 15 minute walk from the city centre, TCA North and Aberdeen Car Parks are great options for day parking. The car park is open 24 hours and has no time limit. Fees apply from 8:30 am until 6 pm Monday to Friday.
On-street parking in Sandy Bay or Battery Point
If you’re looking for free on-street parking than your best bet would be to navigate the suburbs surrounding the city. The scenic suburbs of Battery Point and Sandy Bay are just a hop,skip and the jump from the city and offer free on-street parking. Make sure you check the time limits and avoid parking near the university due to frequent inspections.
Tips for Parking in Hobart:
- Almost all inner-city parking facilities work on the voucher system. Most voucher machines accept credit cards but make sure that you have a collection of 10c, 20c, $1 and $2 coins handy to use at the voucher machine.
- Where applicable, always display the voucher in the front windscreen of your motorhome or campervan so that parking inspectors have an unobstructed view.
- If you require disabled parking, there is plenty around the city. More information can be found here.
- Arrive early to secure the best parking sites.
- Avoid undercover parking (at all costs!) to prevent damage to the overhead of the motorhome.
- If you do find a parking ticket stuck on your windscreen, please settle the fine straight away by following the instructions on the ticket. The fine can be paid directly over the phone by credit card.
- For updated information regarding parking areas, please visit the City of Hobart website.