Planning Your Motorhome Hire In Hobart
Why Hire A Campervan In Tasmania?
Hobart, the capital city of Tasmania, is a vibrant colonial city framed by river and mountain. You’ll enjoy wandering around Hobart’s city streets, with unique stores as well as a huge variety of coffee and snacks on every block. A lot of events held are in Salamanca, which is a bustling food and drink scene on Hobart’s waterfront, and you definitely won’t want to miss the great deals and local crafts found at Salamanca Market. You mustn’t forget about MONA (which is massive in the global art world) before you head out to nearby Mount Wellington for some breathtaking panoramic views of Hobart.
Drive through Tasmania’s gorgeous countryside, surrounded by hills and mountains with picturesque flower fields along the way. The best thing about driving in Tasmania is that everything is super close! In just under three hours you’ll be in Launceston, the second biggest city in Tasmania. Some other popular destinations are Devonport, Port Arthur, Cradle Mountain and Strahan, so plan your road trip accordingly and see them all!
Go ahead and book your motorhome holiday in Hobart today and enjoy the wild uniqueness of Tasmania. Witness the three enormous rainforest regions, the stunning and otherworldly glow worm caves, the playful seahorses and platypuses of Beauty Point, and the flat-topped volcano at Stanley. For travellers seeking new experiences, Hobart is absolutely the place to go.
How To Book Your Motorhome Hire In Hobart, Tasmania
Visit the Cruisin’ Motorhomes rental booking form to organise your motorhome hire in Hobart. From there you can also select where you would like to pick up and where you want to drop off your vehicle in Tasmania. Typically, our prices vary from season to season and also depend on the type of campervan or motorhome you’re interested in booking.
There is no special license required to drive our vehicles in Hobart. A valid driver’s license in English is simply all you’ll need to drive your motorhome rental in Hobart. Drivers must be between 21 and 79 years of age with a full license to drive our motorhomes.
Book online or call our friendly Cruisin’ team on 1300 664 485 for a quote on your motorhome rental in Hobart today!
When To Book A Motorhome In Hobart, Tasmania?
In Tasmania, you can expect to experience all four seasons in one day, so pack accordingly. Typically the best time to travel is during the warmer seasons of summer and autumn. Spring is also popular for its abundance of wildflowers and dazzling commercial flower fields. The most popular months to rent a campervan are from December to February, though the state remains quite busy from November to April.
During the off-season Hobart still has plenty of adventure opportunities and festivals, so if you’re interested in lower rental rates you might want to visit from May to August.
Preparing For Your Motorhome Holiday In Hobart, Tasmania
Things To Pack
Packing everything you need for your Hobart road trip requires plenty of planning and preparation. Check out our guide to planning your campervan holiday to ensure you’ve got everything you need.
Driving In Australia
It’s important to familiarise yourself with Tasmania’s road rules and to be aware of all the things you need to do to make your road trip comfortable and safe. Check out our guide on road safety in Australia for more driving tips and tricks.
What Is Included With Your Motorhome Hire In Hobart, Tasmania?
- Unlimited Kilometres: Unlike other companies, we do not have any restrictions on how many kilometres you can drive in a day.
- Damage Liability: Our damage liability options include Standard Liability which requires a $5,000 bond payable at pick up, or to avoid a bond, we recommend you opt for the Maximum Cover Package.
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance: You can call our friendly roadside assistance team anytime during your Tasmanian holiday.
- Modern And Reliable Vehicles: All our vehicles are modern, high quality, and built on reliable Fiat and Toyota chassis.
- Fully Equipped Motorhomes: Our motorhomes provide a fully equipped kitchen, including cutlery, crockery, fridge, microwave, gas stove, smoke alarm and a fire extinguisher. Fresh bedding and linen, such as sheets, pillows, towels, and more.
- Book With A $300 Deposit: Simply pay a nominal deposit to $300 to book your motorhome rental in Hobart, Tasmania pay the rest when you begin your holiday.
- Book Direct And Save: Book online on our website or call our friendly team to get the best deal on your Hobart motorhome hire.
- One-Way Rentals: One-way rentals to or from Hobart are available between all of our locations.
Quick Facts About Driving Your Motorhome Rental In Hobart, Tasmania
- Driving Rules: In Australia all vehicles must drive on the left side of the road. You must not use your phone whilst driving either.
- Speed Limits: Keep an eye out for signs. In general, the speed limits are 100km/h on highways, 50km/h on residential streets and 40km/h in shopping precincts.
- Double Check Your Maps: Particularly in Tasmania you will come across steep hills, unsealed roads, or narrow mountain routes. Always check your route before you embark on your adventure.
- Driving In Winter: Be mindful of icy roads, thick fog and snow – especially during the mornings.
- Parking: Parking in Hobart is somewhat easier than the mainland capital cities. Be aware of your space, check for signs, and keep an eye out for hidden parking meters.
What Are The Best Motorhomes To Hire In Hobart, Tasmania?
Cruisin’ 2 Berth Sandpiper Motorhome
The Cruisin’ 2 Berth Sandpiper has a modern, clean and functional design, making it everything a couple will need for a motorhome holiday in Hobart.
Cruisin’ 6 Berth Deluxe Motorhome
The Cruisin’ 6 Berth Deluxe is perfect for families and large groups seeking a lavish and indulgent holiday with a vehicle that is modern, spacious, and functional.
Cruisin’ 2 Berth Hi Top Campervan
The Cruisin’ 2 Berth Hi Top is a practical and reliable campervan which is perfect for couples and small families who enjoy the basics.
Find Great Deals For Motorhome Hire In Hobart, Tasmania
Book a vehicle 125 days or more in advance and receive 5% off the rental price. The Early Bird Discount is one of the most popular campervan hire deals in Hobart.
Hire a vehicle for more than 21 days and get a 10% discount on your daily rental rate. The long hire discount is one of the most used discounts by Cruisin’ customers in Hobart.
15% Early Bird and Long Hire Discount
Book a vehicle 125 days or more in advance and for more than 21 days and get a 15% discount on your daily rental rate.
Cruisin’ Motorhomes price match promise is guaranteed. If you find the same Cruisin’ Motorhome vehicle for a lower price and the same travel dates elsewhere before you book with us, we will match the price and beat it by 5%.