Planning Your Motorhome Hire In Cairns
Why Hire A Campervan In Cairns?
Cairns is Australia’s laid-back city in the North of Queensland and is absolutely the best place for a tropical sun-filled holiday. You’ll find the most spectacular and unique natural attractions in Cairns, all of which are easily accessible with your motorhome rental. Uncover the secrets of the Daintree Rainforest, with its ancient trees and unique flora and fauna, then island-hop your way around the coast and visit Fitzroy Island and Green Island – both accessible by ferry! Cairns is the place to be for sun-baked beaches and rainbow reefs, with Ellis Beach, Trinity Beach, and Kewarra Beach just a short drive away. Of course, you can’t miss Cape Tribulation and Queensland’s famous Great Barrier Reef either!
Your adventures along the coast will take you to iconic Palm Cove and Port Douglas – both less than an hour away from Cairns. Or, if you want to go more inland, you’ll definitely want to check out Atherton Tablelands, with its geological wonders including lily pad wetlands, sandstone caves, mossy palace ruins, and jaw-dropping waterfalls.
You’re bound to fall in love with the tropical seaside lifestyle in Cairns. So hire a motorhome and prepare to enjoy locally caught seafood with an array of cafés and refreshing ice-cream parlours all around!
How To Book Your Motorhome Hire In Cairns
Visit the Cruisin’ Motorhomes rental booking form to organise your motorhome hire in Cairns. From there you can also select where you would like to pick up and where you want to drop off your vehicle. Typically, our prices vary from season to season and also depend on the type of campervan or motorhome you’re interested in booking.
There is no special license required to drive our vehicles. A valid driver’s license in English is simply all you’ll need to drive your motorhome rental in Cairns. Drivers must be between 21 and 79 years of age with a full license to drive our motorhomes.
Book online or call our friendly Cruisin’ team on 1300 664 485 for a quote on your motorhome rental in Cairns today!
When To Book A Motorhome In Cairns?
The most popular time to visit Cairns is from June to November.
Cairns has two distinct seasons, wet and dry. During the wet season (December to April) you’ll experience hot weather and tropical rainfalls, making it the best time to visit the Daintree and Cape Tribulation, which will be bursting with life. Waterfalls will be gushing, and the Great Barrier Reef will have perfect swimming temperatures.
Cairns’ dry season from June to August is also popular, with warm sunny days and low humidity. It’s the perfect way to escape the cold winter weather of southern states like Victoria and Tasmania.
In terms of price, the best time to find cheap rental rates in Cairns is during the shoulder seasons including April, May, September and October when the temperatures are warm and the winds have dropped.
Preparing For Your Motorhome Holiday In Cairns
Things To Pack
Packing everything you need for your Cairns road trip requires plenty of planning and preparation. Check out our guide to planning your campervan holiday to ensure you’ve got everything you need.
Driving In Australia
It’s important to familiarise yourself with the road rules and to be aware of all the things you need to do to make your road trip comfortable and safe. See our guide on road safety in Australia for more driving tips and tricks. There are plenty of campgrounds in the area as well.
What Is Included With Your Motorhome Hire In Cairns?
- Unlimited Kilometres: Unlike other companies, we do not have any restrictions on how many kilometres you can drive in a day.
- Damage Liability: Our damage liability options include Standard Liability which requires a $5,000 bond payable at pick up, or to avoid a bond, we recommend you opt for the Maximum Cover Package.
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance: You can call our friendly roadside assistance team anytime during your Cairns holiday.
- Modern And Reliable Vehicles: All our vehicles are modern, high quality, and built on reliable Fiat and Toyota chassis.
- Fully Equipped Motorhomes: Our motorhomes provide a fully equipped kitchen, including cutlery, crockery, fridge, microwave, gas stove, smoke alarm and a fire extinguisher. Fresh bedding and linen, such as sheets, pillows, towels, and more.
- Book With A $300 Deposit: Simply pay a nominal deposit to $300 to book your motorhome rental in Cairns, pay the rest when you begin your holiday.
- Book Direct And Save: Book online on our website or call our friendly team to get the best deal on your Cairns motorhome hire.
- One-Way Rentals: One-way rentals to or from Cairns are available between all of our locations in Queensland.
Quick Facts About Driving Your Motorhome Rental In Cairns
- Driving Rules: In Australia, all vehicles must drive on the left side of the road. You must not use your phone whilst driving either.
- Speed Limits: Keep an eye out for signs. In general, the speed limits are 100km/h on highways, 50km/h on residential streets and 40km/h in shopping precincts.
- Take Breaks: With a lot of highway and outback roads, distance between locations can be substantial.
- Parking: Cairns is great for parking, and the council offers free parking areas for motorhomes and campervans. Remember not to leave valuables in your vehicle, especially during heatwaves as CDs and DVDs have been known to melt.
What Are The Best Motorhomes To Hire In Cairns?
Cruisin’ 2 Berth Sandpiper Motorhome
The Cruisin’ 2 Berth Sandpiper has a modern, clean and functional design, making it everything a couple will need for a motorhome holiday in Cairns.
Cruisin’ 6 Berth Deluxe Motorhome
The Cruisin’ 6 Berth Deluxe is perfect for families and large groups seeking a lavish and indulgent holiday with a vehicle that is modern, spacious, and functional.
Cruisin’ 2 Berth Hi Top Campervan
The Cruisin’ 2 Berth Hi Top is a practical and reliable campervan which is perfect for couples and small families who enjoy the basics.
Find Great Deals For Motorhome Hire In Cairns
Book a vehicle 125 days or more in advance and receive 5% off the rental price. The Early Bird Discount is one of the most popular campervan hire deals in Cairns.
Hire a vehicle for more than 21 days and get a 10% discount on your daily rental rate. The long hire discount is one of the most used discounts by Cruisin’ customers in Cairns.
15% Early Bird and Long Hire Discount
Book a vehicle 125 days or more in advance and for more than 21 days and get a 15% discount on your daily rental rate.
Cruisin’ Motorhomes price match promise is guaranteed. If you find the same Cruisin’ Motorhome vehicle for a lower price and the same travel dates elsewhere before you book with us, we will match the price and beat it by 5%.